International Contemporary Dance Festival of Mexico City FIDCDMX, 2018. Third edition.
Deadline for applications: November 15th, 2017
Choreographers, dance companies and independent or emergent dance troupes are invited to participate in our open call.
To submit your applications, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
I. Attach a full video of the dance piece you are applying with (In special cases, works in progress will be accepted). *Just Vimeo or YouTube links are accepted. Please make sure that the link is available and that you provide us with a password in case it is private
II. Attach 5 to 10 pictures of the piece
III. Attach a brief CV of the choreographer, dance company or dance troupe
IV. Attach a document (one page max) with a description of the piece
V. In the body of the e-mail include:
· Name of the dance piece
· Name of the applicant, phone number and e-mail of contactSpecifications
· Accommodation and meals will be provided.
· The FIDCDMX has limited financial resources and plane tickets cannot be covered. However, In case of being selected, we will encourage and support you to establish contact with your local cultural institutions and embassies to cover the transportation costs.
· The deadline of application is November 15th, 2017.
· The companies and troupes chosen will be notified if selected or not by December the 18th. In case you need notification sooner due to fund rising, please let us know in advance.
. The authors will have to adapt to the technical conditions that the venues can offer. However, the Festival staff will do its best to provide with the technical specifications of the programmed pieces. The Festival will be held from August the 2th to August the 12h, 2018 at the most important venues for performing arts in the city and other public and alternative venues.
Within only two editions, the Festival has brought more than 50 companies from 30 countries and has had direct access to almost 30,000 people. It is an unprecedented event, the only of its kind in Mexico City.
For further information, please visit facebook