Tanzbüro Berlin was established in 2005 with the support of the Berlin Senate Department for Science, Research and Culture. Its responsible body is the Association for Contemporary Dance Berlin (ZTB e.V.).
Tanzüro Berlin’s mission is to strengthen the Berlin dance scene and the network of national and international dancers and institutions.
- we initiate and oversee projects for the improvement of the conditions for education and production in the independent dance scene;
- we support communication between the dance scene and cultural policy;
- we offer informative seminars and discussions for those making dance and theater;
- we work in cooperation with partners such as the TanzRaumBerlin Network;
- we are dedicated to public outreach on dance;
- we publish the magazine tanzraumberlin, which presents articles and a calendar of dance events in Berlin;
- we manage the website TanzRaumBerlin as a source for information and contact.
- we sustain the PR work of the diverse dance scene, by offering the tanzcard as a discount and PR tool and by initiating marketing campaigns for all dance events