GRUPO OITO is looking for one solo
Deadline for applications: 17.03.2018
The idea behind Oito Solos + 1 is to connect Grupo Oito, a collective of independent artists, with other artists from the contemporary dance scene.
Solos created by members of the group and one solo created by a guest artist will be presented each evening. With each solo, the creators have the aim to critically examine an aspect of our society in an individual manner. The aim of this project is to initiate an exchange between various cultural identities, which are expressed in movement and body language.
The project is not only intended to offer a platform for artists to exchange ideas on their work, but due to their various constellations, the individual performances also provide the artists and audience with new and unique perspectives. Continuously changing aspects of our society are articulated and will therefore provide diverse viewpoints on our environment. The project shall serve for communication, networking, mutual enrichment and support.
Attention: This is a project without funding. Unfortunately, we cannot offer any fee!!!
1. the possibility of a joint performance in the Mime Centrum in Bethanien, Berlin, with an audience discussion;
2. exchange and discussion between the participants about the working process, approaches, difficulties, discoveries, etc;
Mime Centrum, Berlin, Germany Kunstquartier Bethanien Mariannenplatz 2, 10997 Berlin
14.04.2018 and 15.04.2018
To apply send the following documents to email@example.com:
• a short description of your solo
• video without edition, per link (Facebook, Vimeo, Youtube) or file by email
• a short presentation of yourself and your work
• a portrait picture
Details and availability:
• The performances are scheduled on the 14.04.2018 and 15.04.2018
• Please, be available during the week before the performances (from 09.04.2018)
• The solo´s structure should not be complex, just one light, studio stage
• The solo’s duration should be a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 15 minutes