Since its foundation in 2004, the TanzRaumBerlin Network has worked as a consortium of Berlin theaters, organizers, institutions, and artists to strengthen the field of dance. As unique dance initiative, the network meets regularly, forming an important forum for exchange, discussion, and cooperation.
TanzRaumBerlin Network partners
HALLE TANZBÜHNE BERLIN / cie. toula limnaios
HAU – Hebbel am Ufer
Hochschulübergreifendes Tanz Zentrum
Mime Centrum Berlin
sasha waltz & guests
Tanzfabrik Berlin e.V.
Zeitgenössischer Tanz Berlin e.V.
What goals does TanzRaumBerlin Network seek?
- A forum for exchange on dance in Berlin
- An improvement of the infrastructure for dance
- Communication on the level of cultural policy
What does TanzRaumBerlin Network expect from its partners?
- The network understands structures organized as a consortium as being active beyond their own individual self-interests.
- The network expects of its partners an interest in exchange, transparency in relation to their own institutions/projects, and willingness to engage collaboratively in measures for strengthening the field of dance.
- The network is not envisioned as made up of members or based on membership; rather, it is made up of equal partners. Partners can leave the network at any time.
- Institutions interested in partnership should contact one of the partners involved in the network or Tanzbüro Berlin. Proposals for new partners are discussed inside the network and their acceptance to the network is voted on. New partners are invited to the meetings of the network by Tanzbüro Berlin.
How does TanzRaumBerlin Network work?
- The network meets regularly.
- Work takes place in workgroups that are organized in addition to the network’s regular meetings.
- Decisions are made based on a majority voting procedure. * Tanzbüro Berlin coordinates the network’s meetings and follows the work of the workgroups.